Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was my wife's first time deer hunting EVER!. In the morning we went out before dark to an area that has always been fairly good for second season. The area is public but is landlocked by private unless you have a boat. Well the morning was slow seen one nice buck about 200yds away, and it was cold as hell. I was surprised she lasted as long as she did. The problem with my wife and the cold is she has Raynard syndrome (sp?) which means she had frost bite on her fingers once and they don't last long in the cold. So once the hands got cold we headed back.
By noon she was bugging me to get back out. finally about 2:00 I got her set up in a ladder stand that is covered up to about her chest when sitting, so I put my little buddy heater in there. I setup about 75yrd from here.
After about an hour I look over just in time to see her shoot. She then looks at me and says is that how your suppose to do it? One shot at 45 yrds right through the heart. When WE field dressed it the bottom of the heart actually fell out. Not the biggest deer but definitely worth being proud of.
After we got it hung up the first thing she asked me is "Now when is turkey season". I have been telling her for the last 15 years that once you get out there you'll be addicted. She also told me that after X-mas she wants to get a new bow so she will be ready for turkey season and bow season in the fall.

·
Somateria spectabilis
14,103 Posts
Congrats to her. That poor boy of yours is going to have to compete with Momma for dad time now.:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.