Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I work as a mason this is one of the last houses we were working on 2 man Crew ol'man and myself.... 5 interior fireplaces 4 natural wood burning with real stone surrounds and one gas. The picture of the chimney is for the gas fireplace the other 4 fireplac4es run threw the same stack in the center of the house. There is over 110 tons of stone on the outside of the house alone, not including the New York blue stone patios and stairs in the front and rear of the house or the single piece stone arches in the entry. All the white Valders stone for the master bedroom and living room are solid, no cast stone work here .

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
AJB, Where's the green stuff? :D

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
blhunter3 said:
hell hasn't frozen over yet!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm an operator at Muscatine Power and Water.

It's right on the Mississippi river so I get to keep an eye on the Wildlife too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm a radiographer, that's a fancy word for x-ray technologist. I basically work in the ER and the OR.

·
IAW Veteran
3,589 Posts
I'm a manufacturing supervisor for a cutting tool manufacturer. My background, 6 out of 10 years I traveled around the world from Singapore, Germany, Switzerland, Mexico, Brazil and all over the USA. Monday, hop on a jet and Friday come home. I trained people how to program Cnc's, 350K-500K dollar machines. I was training employees at the place I am working at now and they hired me, got me off of the road. I used to manage 2 buildings, and now 1, too much to babysit betwen 2 buildings. This company has 16 of the machines I used to program so I still get to program/trouble shoot here and there. Excellant job, best one I have ever had. But manufacturing is down globaly and we dropped 20% of our employees and we just dropped to 32 hours (I'm still on 40, salary).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quack Whacker said:
Chad I am suprised I didn't see a guitar in your old man's hands while you work in those pics. The house looks great.
Thanks man (what can I say WE ROCK) wish we were still doing houses like that or any houses for that matter (work is real slow for us.) No guitar, but he'll rock back and forth to KLH all day long especially during the coke (coke a cola classic) and a smoke breaks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I spend most of my time between classes, labs, and in clinic. I am about 15 months away from adding an O.D. behind my name. I will be an Optometrist (aka eye doctor).

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
GOOSN1 said:
AJB said:
blhunter3 said:
hell hasn't frozen over yet!!!!!!!!!!! :D
oh no .... mikie might have to hurt you for that!!!!!!! :lol:

i still like SILVER!!!!!!!!!!
leaves corn like no other!!!

Tim
The Silver seeders, Ha. I have never seen anything other the John Deere custom combining crews. And I have seen alot of them. So John Deere must be doing something and and Case IH isnt.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I am an assistant manager at a Hy-Vee here in Des Moines. West Des Moines #1 to be exact, across from Valley West Mall. I also 'dabble' in taking classes at DMACC. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I do a couple oh things

Chuck and I own

I have been working for a place that gives draft horse sleigh and hay rides for the past 5yrs but this year we started our own business here at the farm

And for the last 26yr I have been a cosmetologist(I cut, perm, color etc....peoples hair)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I offer a sewing service. Custom build boat and equipment covers, also sharpen scissors and knifes. Been installing a lot of zippers in hunting clothing lately. Retired millwright

21 - 37 of 37 Posts