Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had people ask me before to explain to them what I do for a living...so I thought it would be cool for members on this site to take time to post up pics of there jobs if they have any. My job is different from day to day, but usually involves music, lights, audio gear or some form of all of them. I work a lot in the corporate and trade show industry, but I actually do a lot of theatre design as well. This week I'm in New York doing an Opera for a place I work at a lot...I can't really explain how I got into this line of work...I guess it just sort of worked out that way...here are some pics from a rehearsal tonight...

This is what a typical day at the office looks like for me....

Me hard at work...or at least pretending i am....

Over the shoulder look at stage...i spend a lot of time sitting in the dark

I appear to be listening intently...but actually am watching Bad Grammer to kill time in this photo...

Its really amazing how much crap is computerized these days in every industry

So thats it...I guess this also ties a bit into what I'm doing this off season. My career choice is the reason why I have to spend so much time in or near big cities. Its a pain in the butt sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for any other job.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
sorry I have no pics of me installing carpet. I've had a customer take pics of the room before I started it, while I was working on it and afterwards.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
kool i need to talk to you about mixing some music for my video. i bought acid rock and i cant figure out how to mix it right.. im no sir mix alot !!!!
anyway i own a landsaping business with my cousin that our grandfather started 55 yrs ago.. we have over 25 employees and operate 5 landsape crews,2 mowing crews, 2 irrigation crews,and run 5 greenhouses and over 15 acres of nursery stock.we do wholesale and reatail. in my off time of course i hunt and fish and run my call business.. it looks as if my call business is taking off and maybe some time in the near future that will be my job !!!! :D
pic of me in the drafting room..

this is me turning a call..

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure tim...i could help you out with that. got plenty of time on my hands right now until the white birds start flying! i've got plenty of software to edit audio, and turn around for a project like that is pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I am a bootlegger.... I mean ethanol producer :D Its pretty neat to see a kernal of corn turn in to something that can run a car or give you a really good buzz! I'll snap some pics tomorrow at work post them back on here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Golf course superintendent- started my career at Terrace Hills in Altoona and then at the Ottumwa Muni. Moved to Coeur d"Alene, Idaho in '87 and still work for the same course after 21 years. Treat you to a round of golf if you are ever in my area.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well I can say I FINALLY got a job!!! Have been laid off since the week of Thanksgiving. Got hired Friday at Unverferth Manuf. in Shell Rock. I have heard nothing but great things about the company so hopefully all will go well. They have great starting pay and benefits. Will be a BIG difference actually haveing to set a alarm and doing something after all this time being lazy..LOL..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well I'm a welder by trade, and I have a degree in Computer drafting. But I just got my walking papers from Deere in Davenport, so right now I'm unemployed. Guess I'll catch up on my projects around the house.

Lance

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm a commercial estimator for Granite /Quartz / Solid surface Countertops, I bid jobs all over the midwest. I currently do about 70% of the commercial estimates and bring about $36,000 a month into the comany.

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
Here is a little of what I do. These are our rigs for geothermal drilling.

gettin the hole ready for the manifold.

The manifold installed.

Here is my other job or as we call it our hobby.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts