Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out my gun safe tonight and I was thinking about all the tradition and the years of hunting the guns in my safe have seen. Both my Granddad hunted, I ended up with both of their guns and a couple of my great grandfathers guns. Not to mention my first gun to my latest.

A5, Model 32, Model 12, Model 21 and so on. All of them put food on the table for our family for years.

Anyway, this years early season I will be hunting with one of my Granddads A5's, it may not be as fast as my Maxus but it worked for them for years.

What are you hunting with this season?

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benelli SBE II with a Patternmaster!!! shooting Xperts for the first two openers then in Nov shootin Hevi Metal 3.5'' #2's and 3's

seems to put the hammer down pretty well
Nice gun! I still have not tried Hevi's yet. I chipping away at my last flat of dryloks.

· Registered
779 Posts
Im with you I shoot a A-5!! Had it since 1996 and will shoot it till it wont fire anymore. It is beyond beat up but still does what I need it to do. I bought a case Hevi-Metal of 3" 3s. Looks like the stuff is killer on the bigger ducks

· Registered
267 Posts
Shooting a Mossy 930 Auto Loader I bought last year. Cheap gun I know but works great for me. Plus I'm hooked on the top-mount safety. Been shooting Mossberg since I was a kid.

Running some Xpert 2 3/4" on ducks and 3" Black Cloud for Canadians.

· Registered
217 Posts
This will be my first early season with the Benelli Vinci. I went with the 28" barrel and I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. I am going to try out the Carlson's mid range black cloud choke tube. For early season I am going to go with #4 Kent fast steel. For the regular season I will swich over to #3 Black Cloud, probably the high velocity. I shot the heck out of Canada's last year with the #2 Black cloud snow goose load so I am anxious to see what the #3's are like for ducks.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shooting a Mossy 930 Auto Loader I bought last year. Cheap gun I know but works great for me. Plus I'm hooked on the top-mount safety. Been shooting Mossberg since I was a kid.

Running some Xpert 2 3/4" on ducks and 3" Black Cloud for Canadians.
hey nothing wrong with hunting with what you like shooting. I started off on a Mossberg and still have it. I am with you on the top safety, I always liked that about that gun. I have a friend that still rabbit hunts with his single shot HR 20 gauge. It don't matter what it cost it is how you shoot it.

Skybusters are a perfect example :25:

· King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
Benelli M2 Field and a Beretta Extrema I, 3" Kent fast steel 1 1/4 oz BB. Shot BB all year round from early teal to late goose.

· Registered
675 Posts
Brand new SBEII that has yet to fire it's 1st round.

For Ducks....Kent 3 1/2" 3's from the 1st day until the last day.

For Geese...Contemplating a couple different loads. Considering Heavy Metal, Rebate at Rodgers expires TODAY

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.