Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
In my time it was almost all Winchester Model-12 or the 870 Wingmasters. I still shoot the latter. All I've ever owned is a pair of them. My friend that writes outdoors for the Houston Chronicle, Shannon Tompkins, has shot the same 870 since 1978 or so. A true saltwater marsh gun. You can use it for a walking stick, or so they say....Mine was bought used but in very good shape in 1984 for $90 at a gun shop, because it had an improved cylinder barrel and we were advised to use that choke with the new steel shot.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Browning Gold light 10
Browning Maxus
Stoeger M3020

10 gauge for geese, Maxus for everything else. Will be shooting the Stoeger 20 this year primarily to give my crappy shoulder a break. Shot lefty with the Maxus all last season (couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a scoop shovel) due to an injury and am now about back to 100%. Will be happy to be back to righty.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
SBE is my "go to" gun now. for years and years; all I shot were two holers. But I made the mistake of trying out a SBE on a round of skeet and it fit perfectly and shot well. I was hooked. And I like that 3 rd shot option for cripples or a third duck if they are in close and I can shoot a triple. Can't do that with an O/U or SxS

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
870 Express Super Mag 12 gauge. It's served pretty well since I was 17.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Today at the Ike's Club in Dubuque
1100 Remington 12ga. 3 inch Mag 32 inch Barrel Full Choke, Handicap Trap
11-87 Remington Trap Stock Monte Carlo 3 inch Mag. 30 inch Barrel Full Choke, 16 yard Trap
1100 Remington 2 3/4 inch 26 inch Barrel Skeet Choke, To shoot Skeet.

Does it get any better. Life is Good

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just made the switch to the Winchester SX4. I've had it out to shoot clays and love it.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts