Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

What brand of decoys do you mainly run?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what brand everyone mainly runs for decoys. We all know every brand has their ups and downs so I am just curious as to what everyone mainly runs.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
I've got all Avery/GHG decoys for both geese and ducks except some Real Geese silo's and a doz. G&H mallard floaters.

I've had good luck with GHG so I've sold my other decoys in the past to purchase the new stuff. Hopefully I keep having the good luck I do.

· Banned
818 Posts
Dakota Decoy here, we had a great year as far as decoy condition ended up. Zero broken heads, stands and very minimal wear. They traveled to four states across the midwest, we bagged two dozen and tossed seven dozen on the floor.

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Realgeese and Bigfoots for canada's.

Herter's for ducks

Sillosocks for snows.

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hanson80 said:
I have soggy bottom boy dress up in his duck or goose outfit and have be my decoy
We don't need to know what you two do beind closed doors! :lol:

· King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
Big Foots only for Geese,

Mostly Big Foots for ducks, However, I run Flambue's, and a few GHG's for my off speicies.

I could not even tell you what I run for divers, just a mess of chit that I aquired over the years. Some of them have to be 25+ years old!

· Registered
394 Posts
I mostly use Deeks since I hunt out of a sneak boat I need as much room as possible. I can put about 2dz in a blind bag without a problem.
DEEKS work great for walk-in's, and for teal season. I loved em for timber mallards down in Arkansas.

I'm always surprised that more waterfowlers don't have a set of em. They don't work for every situation (big water for instance). but for layout or sneak boat hunting, long walk-ins, and in the pinoaks down south, they're exactly what you need.

IMO 1 reason more people don't use em out here is, DEEKS manufacturer does zero advertising. Which is a mistake.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.