Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any northern area hunters--an opportunity just presented itself to buy some surface water west of Fort Dodge (10-15 miles). My question is.... Are there any birds around? I've hunted a number of times EAST, but never west.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. I will reward good info with frequent hunts!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Any northern area hunters--an opportunity just presented itself to buy some surface water west of Fort Dodge (10-15 miles). My question is.... Are there any birds around? I've hunted a number of times EAST, but never west.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. I will reward good info with frequent hunts!
You could have some good hunts but it's not the best area of the state that's for sure. PM me if you've got more questions.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Grew up little over an hr North of there. I know it doesn't help you out much but hunted Kossuth county and West over to Spirit Lake mostly. Great early season hunting but it seemed once the first week of November came and went, it was mostly honker hunting. Ducks just don't seem to migrate through that part of the state much. Could possibly be that the birds don't like seeing black ripped corn fields non stop and not a whole lot of water but that's just my guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.