Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,561 Posts
They are gonna be like the Ginger kid at school no one likes. We'll see how it goes down. I feel bad for ISU with this whole ordeal.

I pulled up a big map tonight here at work to see how the Big Ten geographically pans out. I see an East/West conference divisions panning out with the West being Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern and Wisconsin. The east would have Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana, Penn State and Ohio State.

To me, this looks almost like Big 12 North V. South, one division stronger than the other. But, according to Jim Delaney (Pres of Big Ten) they are going to try to balance out the teams fairly. I just don't see how. The 2011 football season will be interesting for sure. Especially if they do bring in a couple more teams like maybe Notre Dame and another Big East Team like Pitt which may be a long shot.

This whole ordeal has me very interested and I have not listened to so much sports talk radio in my life since ESPN is doing a piss poor job covering the whole thing. I don't know how far off I am with this whole thing but it's just my $.02

· Registered
470 Posts
I was born into a big red family and I have to say I'm really going to miss the traditon with the Big 12 and the teams from the old Big 8.
But once again it's proven that $$$ controls everybody and everything.

Didn like it when we went from eigtht to twelve but I learned to love it. Same with this, guess i'll have to learn to hate the big ten.

GO BIG RED!!

· Registered
293 Posts
IAtaxidermist said:
Gunner also said "I feel bad for ISU" thus probably makeing this the gayest post in the history of iawaterfowlers. Congrats Gunner!
When it come to rivals or geographics, ISU or Pitt would have been awesome. But, as we all know, it's about the $-ching, so in a way I kinda feel bad for ISU.......oH HELL. Who am I kidding. They would have just got the snot kicked out of them in the Big 10 as well.

:lol:

· Registered
1,561 Posts
IAtaxidermist said:
Gunner also said "I feel bad for ISU" thus probably makeing this the gayest post in the history of iawaterfowlers. Congrats Gunner!
Thanks Douglas. Yes, I too am not a fan of Cardinal and Gold, but when they get left and high and dry along with the other four schools, (which I really don't give a shit about.) You have to have some remorse for them not having the attractive qualities to be invited to a BCS conference. Thats why I said I felt bad for them

· scabbing consultant
1,330 Posts
i think this whole thing is stupid. we all know this could of been avoided if notre dame wouldnt be gay and join a confrence (BIG 10). i think what is gonna happen eventually is the the rest of the BIG 12 will get disolved into the big east. my 2 cents

· Registered
293 Posts
I feel ya Al.
The Irish can lap on my taint. Some day I'm gonna hop on the train to South Bend to see a game on "hallowed ground" :roll: But I'm gonna root against them, and then go looking for that midget Rudy.

· Registered
61 Posts
I am worried that going to another conference and loosing money is going to hurt ISU's wrestling program.

I also think the B12 should fire their boar/president/ceo or whomever is the leader. This talk has been going on for sometime and why wouldn't a team move to another conference if they are going to get 10's of millions more.

If greed is negatively effecting universities that don't have market power to have political captial I heard congress may get involved b/c this athletic departments are text exempt and raking in 100's of millions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.