Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The regs committee altered the recommendations somewhat from what the flyway council recommended, here is what they recommended for Mississippi flyway ducks:

Ducks: A hunting season is proposed of not more than 60 days between September 27, 2008, and January 25, 2009. The proposed daily bag limit is six and may include no more than four mallards (two hens), three mottled ducks, three wood ducks, two redheads, one black duck and one pintail. There is no open season for canvasbacks. A hybrid season would be allowed for scaup during which the daily bag limit would be two for no more than 20 consecutive days and one bird for the remaining 40 days. The proposed daily bag limit of mergansers is five, only two of which may be hooded mergansers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah it is BS on the scaup. Hell it's BS on the canvasback. I just don't see how them survey can be consistently accurate through the years. :cry:

·
Registered
520 Posts
NO Cans?? And 1 BB for the other 40 days!!

Not much for us diver hunters, unless the Reds and goldeneyes are thick along the river. Since this is my first season here, I don't know if that is the case yet.

Nice to see a 3 woodie limit, would have helped a lot when I was in NC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HokdOnQuack said:
Nice to see a 3 woodie limit, would have helped a lot when I was in NC.
That's about the only thing I have to look foward to for this season. Hopefully the mallards will be here in numbers this year.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Since I only saw 5 confirmed mallards in 4 seasons hunting NC, any number is good to me! :lol:

2 of those mallards don't live in NC anymore!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts