Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after grassing layout blinds every morning when we hunt one of our pits we decided to put together a duck blind that we could leave out for the remainder of the season. Doing it on a college kid budget was the first priority! So I had some scrap lumber that was free as well as some camo netting that was given to me. I had also found a pile of the real grass sheets that was dumped on a burn pile that is enough to cover a 16 foot boat! so this is what we ended up with the camo is just laid on right now because the frame will be carried in and then the camo separately then it will be tacked up to remove all the hard lines like the bottom of the grass sheets i will layer them like shingles. So what do you think of it? Btw my buddy is pointing at Killermillers house if any of you know where this is :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here it is in practice! We are thinking of adding another shooting hole to it to make 4 person or maybe even 5 we have had some success in it!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
without the camo on it 2 guys can carry it anywhere with the camo its a little heavier 4 guys could do it easy though

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NWIOWA_DUCKHUNTER said:
wow everything was free? :? :? :?
yep! except we extended it this weekend to hold 5 guys instead of three so we had to buy a couple 2x4's and some more grass but that was it the rest was stuff others were getting rid of just right place right time!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts