Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lucky duck with remote that i got two seasons ago took it out one day and the remote would not work. I thought it was the battery so I got a new one and the remote still does not work. It will work if i touch the remote to the antenna with either battery. I put in a call to Expedite today and they haven't returned my call yet. I will try again tomorrow. Anyone had any similar problems. Its odd that it only works when the remote touches the antenna wire.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Huh that is odd. Did you have the duck facing you so the remote can be pointed at the antenna??? That is the only time mine hasn't worked. If you need to I email Edge and they respond to the email right away.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good luck. I had the same problem with mine a few years ago. I emailed Edge a few times and never heard from them. I just ran it without a remote for a few years and now its in the trash. I'm hard on things so it could have been my own fault, but an email back from Edge would have been nice. I no longer have any reason to buy from them again.

·
Sarcastic
2,933 Posts
FLAGR said:
Good luck. I had the same problem with mine a few years ago. I emailed Edge a few times and never heard from them. I just ran it without a remote for a few years and now its in the trash. I'm hard on things so it could have been my own fault, but an email back from Edge would have been nice. I no longer have any reason to buy from them again.
Dear FLAGR,

Your EDGE product is a piece of shit.... if it is kind of working your in luck. If not call someone else's CS and bitch to them...you will be further ahead. Just getting back to you to show you we care. FYI the remotes are for suckers and are not covered by any warranties....but they sell good.

Good luck to you in your endeavors.

Sincerely,
Lucky Duck

just thought I'd help you on some closure :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
i have one of the older remote ones and have never had a problem.Justin bought one last year and the remote would not work. tried it this year and the remote works fine. the newer ones must suck. Im due for a new one may have to go with mojo

·
Registered
439 Posts
CLIPPER said:
FLAGR said:
Dear FLAGR,

Your EDGE product is a piece of shit.... if it is kind of working your in luck. If not call someone else's CS and bitch to them...you will be further ahead. Just getting back to you to show you we care. FYI the remotes are for suckers and are not covered by any warranties....but they sell good.

Good luck to you in your endeavors.

Sincerely,
Lucky Duck

just thought I'd help you on some closure :wink: :lol:
LOL, Thank You, Now I will be able to sleep at night

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
really those remotes are worth about 10 bucks...kind of hit or miss if you get a good one it could last for ever, but junky ones will either work sometimes or completely fail. i've been trying to find a source for 6v remote relays for a while, but i can only ever find 12v.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I've been through a half dozen of them on the same Lucky Duck, some I lost and some I broke/got wet. They are definitely NOT built to last. I hang the remote off of my lanyard, so probably quite a bit of wear and tear on it I suppose. On a lighter note, I have had the same Lucky Duck for 5 or 6 years now. I have put 2 new batteries in it, besides that there has been no maintenance to it what so ever.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Snots.....Don't think those will work. They are for 12 volt systems and most spinning wings roll with 6volt.

Now if someone came up with a way to reduce 12 volts to 6 volts at the battery.......you could hook up multiple mojos (in a field) to 1 deep cycle 12 volt battery and it would last longer than a dozen 6 volts. (I'm guessing)

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
you can buy a 12v step down transformer...but i tell you they are harder than hell to find...and they will just be another thing to find. i tried to hook one of the 12v ones i have up to a mojo unsuccessfully, though i havent really given it a lot of effort....my guess is that in needs a full 12v to throw the relay inside of the switch box...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so after several phone calls and no answer I emailed them and got a response. So the results they are selling me a remote kit at cost of 19.99 because my duck is a few years old and they have switched transmitter receiver styles. so I paid for that and shipping. I also needed 2 of the body bolts that hold the base onto the ducks feet and they threw those 2 in for free. so overall i am happy just wish it wouldn't have broke but it will be back up and good as new for next year. but if i buy some more I might have to go the mojo route because they just seem better built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.