Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
i think you'll be ok. storms moving through tonight, but pretty clear for the rest of the week. might have to stick to smaller waters and fish early or late. watch for water temps over 70. again you should be ok. looks like highs around` 80 for the week

with the saturated ground some streams could be blown out by any rain we get this week, but the next valley over could be good. i haven't had an iowa license for a few years so i'm not familiar with specific stream conditions

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was out yesterday in vernon county wi and fished a mid sized feeder stream with a perfect stain. the main branch was dirtier, but fishable. the other fork of the main stream was chocolate milk. i think we got a lot more rain up here in the last week than allamakee

didn't catch much as i had my lab pup with me and he's "highly trained" to retrieve my fly line for me from the hole :rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the map link. Tough week of fishing. Nearly all streams were chocolate milk and a raging torrent. Flow made fly fishing nearly impossible. Personally I like some stain but that was way too much. People I had conversations with were also struggling. I felt like I was duck hunting as much "scouting" as we did. We found one stream that was decent. Most of the fish we caught were browns. I did land a really nice brown today that made my trip.

Saw a ton of deer, some bald eagles, spent time with good people, and the Crown sure tasted good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.