Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you know anything about trolling motor.

I have a Minn Kota, I think 55, power drive. Its a few years old. I was out fishing and was trolling along and it stopped. It would turn left and right but wouldnt go. So anybody have some ideals.

Im thinking burnt up amarute, I think thats what its call.

Maybe foot pedal.

Any help Thanks

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I've rebuilt my 35 tiller a couple times .bad seal let's let's water in ,then eventually brushes won't make. It's pretty inexpensive and easy actually. Just a seal ,orings,bearings and brushes.
Bet if you loosen the cap on the lower unit water comes out.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is it a power drive or a power drive v2? They have different pedals but are almost the same. I had a second gen powerdrive and the actuator on the pedal didn't always work. And it also tripped a breaker once when the propels full of weeds. But it wouldn't steer then. My newer power drive v2 has a different more user friendly pedal.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I've rebuilt my 35 tiller a couple times .bad seal let's let's water in ,then eventually brushes won't make. It's pretty inexpensive and easy actually. Just a seal ,orings,bearings and brushes.
Bet if you loosen the cap on the lower unit water comes out.
Dang!!!! If I had only known this stuff earlier in life. I have tossed more than a couple trolling motors in the past for this very reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.