Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the boat out this last wknd and found out I have a leak. localized the problem which was the plug not sealing fully. so last night after work I started what I thought would be a quick fix... not so!! I ended up drilling out the old copper ring that the owner before me must have put in the drain hole and replaced it with a new copper fitting bought from the local farm and fleet..... of course while I was there I decided that I needed to get a fiberglass patching kit in case there were any holes that needed some attention. After inspection of the transom I desided to go ahead and replace all the fiberglass on the top. We will see how she looks today after work and pray that one more layer and a paint job will hold me over for this year's season.

I will get some pics so you all can see the strugle I have had with reworking this boat... bout for cheap and have done a lot of work to her. more to come.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.