Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Chris Wearmouth
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooooooooooooooooo.......its 3:45 here in good ol ames town..and I looked at the radar and decided its not going to be the first time i hunt in a thuderstorm..guess ill try this afternoon. I feel bad for those poor bastards camping out..im going back to bed cya!

· Banned
8,540 Posts
No rain on our parade this morning. We had a great lightning storm though. We were going to hunt rain or thunderstorm or super overcast which is what we had.

· Registered
304 Posts
We got dumped on right at 5 minutes before shooting time. Poured for a half hour and then it let up. Lightning was a bit scary, but the duck did start to fly after the rain let up. 3 of us shot our birds by 8am. We did see a good # of teal today. Glad it was warm out, cause we got soaked...

· Giant
3,515 Posts
Boys, Sorry your hunt got canned, but we had a great morning!!!! We were tailgaiting at 3 pm, hiked in and set up our decoys at midnight, slept on the bank until 5:30, started shooting at 7 and limited out by 8:30. 24 ducks (all teal) in an hour and a half split pretty evenly between the 4 of us. Damn them little buggers are fast. Got rained on pretty decently from about 3 am til 5:30, and couldn't really see much until about 7, but we waited it out and had a good hunt. Beautiful morning!!!! :D Only have some cell pics right now, I'll throw a few of the better ones into the contest thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.