Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

Take a Youth Turkey Hunting

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bullcan 
#1 ·
I am curious if anyone in the Des Moines area knows of any programs that would allow someone like myself to take a youth out turkey hunting for the youth season? What I would really like is a youth that is possibly suffering from a medical condition, recovering from a medical condition, or something along those lines.
I think this would be a great opportunity for the youth, and myself included.

Let me know if anyone has any leads on this.

#2 ·
I am curious if anyone in the Des Moines area knows of any programs that would allow someone like myself to take a youth out turkey hunting for the youth season? What I would really like is a youth that is possibly suffering from a medical condition, recovering from a medical condition, or something along those lines.
I think this would be a great opportunity for the youth, and myself included.

Let me know if anyone has any leads on this.
You could probably contact the NWTF Iowa and see if they know of anything. I know the Central Iowa Long Spurs have a Wheeling for Sportsmen event. They are on Facebook.

#3 ·
If it's run thru a organization they'll require a background check for the adult. It's just the way things are these days. I've had to have a check for DU running Greenwing events and have had 3 checks ran for Little League to volunteer as a coach. Sign of the times, I guess, and it's a horrible thing that it's come to that....

#11 ·
Back Ground Checks

Last Christmas we had an empty house, My Bride and I thought we would Volunteer our time at a local homeless shelter for the Red Cross.

Oh my God !! the paper work to give freely of your time? In the end it made us feel Criminal Like and really diminished the reason for us giving in the first place. It is SHOCKING that sick fucked in the head people have caused Society to not even trust Good Faith!!

Try contacting a Boy Scout Troop in your area. Probably are single mom's with an absent Dad that could use some GOOD Influence from a Mentor???

Good For YOU!!

#13 ·
Back Ground Checks

Try contacting a Boy Scout Troop in your area. Probably are single mom's with an absent Dad that could use some GOOD Influence from a Mentor???

Good For YOU!!
Boy Scouts will require a background check. And "2 deep leadership" for activities. But you are right scouting is a good deal for a boy needing manly influence.

#12 ·
Hii. I've done about a dozen youth hunts over the years but not many organization do them any more. I am checking one angle and will get back to you privately. I have done adult stuff with Outdoors without Boundaries over the years but didn't do youth. They had handicapped only unless they have changed. Will let you know what I find out. Howard

#14 ·
I wish I knew someone to take 2. I found 2 toms on public ground that have been in the exact place at the exact same time everyday for the last 2 weeks. By regular season I'm sure they'll be gone. They would be an easy walk for a kid too. My middle child doesn't want to go, and my youngest said that she's too little (and unfortunately she's right._

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.