Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
havent been to sweets since october but big is froze over for the most part....i found out the hard way on monday. you can still put a boat in on the east ramp, there isnt as much ice on that side. you could also walk in in a few different places here, there, and everywhere, its hit or miss...could be a lot of walking on a busy day trying to find an open hole.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I stopped by Big Marsh this morning. The east side is totally froze over. Looks like a couple of guys in the center section but a lot of ice. West side is pretty much frozen too. DNR is starting to pull planks to let the water flow.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
I figure by next weekend we will be ice fishing sweets. It is locked up already. I would try this weekend ice fishing but 1st season shotgun is calling my name!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i figured the east side would stay open a little bit longer. you know its gonna be a bad day when you pull up to the boat ramp and there a rocks the size of basketballs sitting on top of the ice. ice 1....hunters 0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.