Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe buying a new mud motor. What are your opinions on gear driven Pro Drive, Mud Buddy Sport Vs. I have been looking also at the belt drives Gator Tail, Go Devil, Beaver Tail, Mud Buddy HDR. They all come with the Briggs 40 hp EFI horizontal or vertical shaft motors. LMK All info helps!! THX

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Maybe buying a new mud motor. What are your opinions on gear driven Pro Drive, Mud Buddy Sport Vs. I have been looking also at the belt drives Gator Tail, Go Devil, Beaver Tail, Mud Buddy HDR. They all come with the Briggs 40 hp EFI horizontal or vertical shaft motors. LMK All info helps!! THX
IMO I would go with a carb model instead of EFI save you taking motor back to dealer to have it hooked up to a computer everytime some thing isn't right. Also I like Mud Buddys for the fact you can change out the upper and lower belt gears to suit your loads. You can also get a motor all ready built to a 55. I have worked on all of them in the last 16 yrs and still think MBs are the easiest for the backyard mechanic to work on. Really not a fan of any of them with reverse, something breaks and its a pain to work on and very expensive for replacement parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts