Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends of Steve Carter will be hosting a benefit for Steve on Sunday, August 24th at the Cedar Falls gun club just north of Cedar Falls, IA.

I'm sure most of you don't know him, but Steve is a very well known wildlife artist from Cedar Falls, IA that has donated thousands upon thousands of dollars of artwork and countless hours to local and state DU, NWTF, PF chapters as well as University of Northern Iowa athletics and many many other organizations. He's done A LOT for conservation in this state on his own time and dime. I've hunted with Steve several times in the past couple years and can honestly say he's a hell of a guy with a true passion for waterfowling.

His shop in North Cedar was destroyed in the flood in June and many of his tools and personal belongings we lost as well. Because of this, at present he is unable to work and has begun rebuilding his shop from the ground up, which is proving to be no small (or cheap) task.

We would greatly appreciate as much support from around the area as possible at the event. It will run from 1pm to 5pm. We will have a silent and live auction, table games, as well as contests for trap shooting and a 4-man pheasant flurry. It's going to be a hell of a time.
We're also looking for ANY donations that can be made: prints, decoys, calls, gift certificates, taxidermy, guided hunts etc. Anything at all that any of you guys could donate for a raffle, auction, prizes etc would be GREATLY appreciated. If needed I can cover the cost of shipping - just call me and we'll get something worked out.

I'm not a fan of soliciting donations in this manner, but we're double timing it to get the event in order and I've got it sandwiched between my committees NWTF dinner in August and my DU committees dinner in September - so I'm stretched pretty thin as it is. Anything any of you could do to help would be GREATLY appreciated.

If you have any items you would like to donate or would like more info on the event, feel free to email me back or contact me at (319) 215-5535.

Jeff Gudenkauf

1 - 1 of 1 Posts