Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USDA released a final version of its rule to implement the State Technical Committee provisions of the 2008 Farm Bill December 17. The original interim final rule was issued by the Bush Administration in November, 2008.

NRCS made a number of changes to its interim final rule as a result of the public comments submitted by NWF and others. Those changes clarify that the State Technical Committees can provide advice on issues and programs in addition to the ones specified in the rule; notes that state conservationists can include other agencies like the US Fish & Wildlife Service on the State Technical Committees; clarifies the procedure for people asking to be on a State Technical Committee; requires that the state conservationist respond in writing to State Technical Committee recommendations; and provides for more open and clear communication between Local Working Groups and the State Technical Committee.

Overall, it appears the changes will result in a clearer, more open and inclusive process in the work that State Technical Committees, their subcommittees, and Local Working Groups do to prioritize and focus USDA conservation dollars at the state and local level. Ultimately, the process will be driven by the NRCS state conservationist in each state. The new rule can be found at 74 FedReg 241, page 66907 (or I can send you a PDF of the 8-page final rule upon request).

USDA also released a final version of its Regional Equity rule December 4. The rule explains how USDA will implement Farm bill provisions that require that every state receive at least $15 million in NRCS conservation funds. See 74 FedReg 232, page 63537, or I can send you a PDF of the 5-page rule.

In its semi-annual regulatory agenda notice published in December, USDA noted that in 2010 it plans to finalize all of the conservation program interim final rules issued in late 2008 and 2009.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Do you post in bold just to make it hard for me to read? If so, I usualloy quit reading after 6 words because of it.

Also why do you ct and paste all of that crap? You do it so much that guys quit reading it and that means they won't read soemthing important.

For example I am not at all concerned when they are thinking of passing a bill that would infringe on the nesting ground of the Orange Footed Thumping Wennus and it may make it so they only breed 13 times a year instead of 15.

Smell what I am cooking bro?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm. I never thought about it Oscar bold vs small text. As far as conservation tid-bits, I post them if it has to do with this states conservation efforts or programs like CRP/WRP/CREP. As to preference of who reads what I post, well you do or you don't. It is my opinion that we as sportsmen should know the issues like the back of our you know what or to the best of our ability, all that we can or care to. Which the next subject post I make is just another reason why it's vital to engage the issues as sportsmen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.