Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had a bunch of robins around me in early January during muzzy season.

No snows in central Iowa yet, that I’ve seen.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I had 4 Robins in the yard this weekend. Snows will be here in central Iowa this Sat. we drilled in 800 decoys yesterday. another 600 to go for that spread. and it's freaking snowing again; as I type this. lovely, just lovely.

·
Registered
878 Posts
As of 2/11 Loess Bluffs (Squaw Creek) is reporting around 500k snows. Oh, and 3 coots.

·
Registered
878 Posts
With the forecast of mid 50's that number should grow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That number will Grow or shrink depending on where the mass is at. I have heard that eastern Colorado is a hot bed right now. Can pretty much guarantee those birds in Co. will not come back southeast before heading north.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My guess is Squaw will empty out this weekend. The MO G&F are planning a burn on the refuge. This will likely scare a lot of birds out of the area.

·
Registered
878 Posts
well that sucks. I am sure some will stop at Riverton. There isn't too many places remaining along the river they can roost.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hard to get to excited for snows with a 3 ft drift in front of my shed and 20 inches of ice on the lakes. still ice fishing season for me!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Snows, Specks, Honks and Mallards moved consistent all night up until around 11:00pm. I sat out most of the night on the deck listening to them head north. Great time of year.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Nice to see some moisture. Man that river bottom looked like a dust bowl over the weekend.

Reactions: Coldfronts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts