Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pelican
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching Bad Grammer last night and watching Scott Threinen blow the TG Real Thang. I was thinking maybe I need to buy that call to? He was putting out some deep growls with that call. Right now I have the Goose Noose, but I'm starting to wonder, maybe its just a matter of me sticking with one call and trying to make it work. I guess my question is can you short reed pros make any call sound good? Yes I'm a short read begginer diving into a asspot of information/products. Here I use to think the honk cluck through the Big River was the only way to call geese.

Foiles, TG, LM, iawaterfowler sponsor calls...............choices :?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
A friend of mine that I hunt with he blows two calls a Money Maker and Littleman. I tell you what about any short reed he can make sound good. He picked up my cheap poly carb power maximus and made that call sound like it was a high end top dollar call. I would say stick with what you got. Thats just my 2 cents.... Just keep practicing goose season is a while away yet.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
those notes are definitely in a goose noose...part of it is in the call tuning and part of it is practice. the noose that i had had a lot of low end and i liked it a lot, but it does take some getting used to. there are some notes that are easier on a call like the real thang because it uses a set of broken in guts. this allows you to get really low and nasty on a call while still being able to produce good high end cracks. i would say stick with it until you feel really good about the sounds you are making, and try other calls that your friends have. once you get your fundamentals down, you will be able to pick up any call and make it sound pretty good.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All calls are not created equal

But most calls in the right hands can make any note out there!
What I mean by all calls are not created equal is that all calls have the same workings but some are shorter than others while others have a narrower mouth piece and so on.
Take any call out there and let a top 10 goose caller put his guts in it that he has broken in and can make that call rock.
Most calls sound decent off the shelf but give that same call a year of being used and now with broken in guts that call can speak a whole other language.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
ok from a call maker.. i would say try what you got.. then if you cant get it then try another call.. i for one cannot blow a grounds very well but can blow just about any other call.. i can blow a halfbreed but the super mag is a little tough for me.. i blew Scott's real thing at the Wisconsin show and it was a little better than a super mag... The thing is that all guys think they should sound that good with a little practicve .. but it takes years.. and they blow every night for 1-3 hours a night.. try that .. it will wear ya out.. i have done it when i used to turn calls for hours and hours.. Most of it is air control and yes some calls are esier than others to pick up on..try one of all yu can when you get good or have someone who is VERY good try to teach you..
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.