Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am looking into getting a shock collar for my dog for this fall in the field while field hunting. What does everyone have and what do you recommend. I trained him without a shock collar and has only had one on a few times while I have been pheasant hunting with my brothers shorthairs. He listens 98 percent of the time but once in a while he gets a stubborn head and doesn't want to listen and that is why I want one for him when we are field hunting. Let me know what you guys have.

· Registered
46 Posts
I have a dogtra and would never use anything else. I have only had to contact customer service once and that was to get one of my old collars refurbished. They are great people to work with and very helpful. I have put my dogtra collars threw hell and back and they have yet to let me down.

Another thing you have to know with a collar is you can't just strap it on a dog and expect them to listen to you. They have to know why they are getting corrected or they will take it the wrong way and become scared of the particular situation. You must go through a collar conditioning program or the collar will only end up hurting you instead of help you correct a problem.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
I have 3 Sportdogs and 1 TT. Both are good quality. I really like the SD gurantee though. It is a full replacement warranty for life. I call them and they shipo you out a new one that day. I have gotten like 3 new complete systems from them. No questions asked. Can't beat that

· Registered
417 Posts
I have tritronics sportsdog collar and love it plus when you call the company you get to speak with a real person right away and they have a great trade in program for your old collar

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a sportDog shock collar this past saturday night. The wife was at her cousin's chickens forever banquet and there was one on the silent auction. We got it for 135 bucks brand new. It has 3/4 mile range. It is the sportDog 1800 brand. Should work fine I think. Got a hell of a deal on it I know that. Retails for 240 to 250.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.