Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Pelican
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a gun I want to sell.

1.Can I legally sell it to anyone?
2.How do I get my name off the regestration to this gun?

Any advice. I just don't want to sell a gun to someone whos gonna go rob a bank and the gun comes back to my name. Always wondered how this works. Or is the $$$ raping at the gun store worth the hassle of selling yourself?

Thanks

· Registered
364 Posts
wHEN YOU SELL IT YOU CAN GO TO THE sHERIFF DEPT AND HAVE IT TRANSFERRED OVER. Or ijust make sure to get ALL their info. and a copy of their drivers lic. if I can. Or sell it to a dealer then you don't have to worry about it.

Lance

· Registered
436 Posts
Yep have the buyer bring a copy of there drivers license. What do you have for sale?? post it up. Probably won't last long on this website.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
I would find some one with a FFL. They should have all the proper paper work and know all the proper steps to transfer it. My dad has one and took care of my last transfer for me after the sale was made. I think the average fee is around $30 or so. If you choose to go this direction and can't find some one in your area let me know and Ill get you in touch with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.