Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you running remote steering? If so, who set it up for you? I know it is available but the few closest dealers to me (QC area) have told me no they will not do it. I was hoping not to drive 6 hours to buy a motor and get it set up. Before I keep calling places working outwards from me I thought it was worth a shot to ask here for positive experiences.

THANKS!

·
King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
Any of you running remote steering? If so, who set it up for you? I know it is available but the few closest dealers to me (QC area) have told me no they will not do it. I was hoping not to drive 6 hours to buy a motor and get it set up. Before I keep calling places working outwards from me I thought it was worth a shot to ask here for positive experiences.

THANKS!
Head to Clinton IA to Illowa Marine. about 25 min N of the Quad Cities.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

THANKS!
My son and I set up a friends rig for remote steering on a G3 with a Prodrive Mud motor. The following summer we took the pedestal out and renstalled tiller. He found out it hampered his manuverbilty to much. The trim didn't react fast enough when running over logs and wing dams and the reverse feature was a pain to use. I would suggest taking a ride in a rig set up with remote steering before spending the money.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
My son and I set up a friends rig for remote steering on a G3 with a Prodrive Mud motor. The following summer we took the pedestal out and renstalled tiller. He found out it hampered his manuverbilty to much. The trim didn't react fast enough when running over logs and wing dams and the reverse feature was a pain to use. I would suggest taking a ride in a rig set up with remote steering before spending the money.
Denny nailed it! Council drives have thier pros and cons, the cons are they take up alot of room in the boat, your motor and transome will take more abuse, you cant "feel" the bottom like you can with a tiller, and you can see the prop.

Not to mention they are expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.