Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
King Ding-A-Ling
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle just handed me down a family gun. I don't know much about it, so I thought I would punt and see if any of you had a clue or could point me in the right direction.

Story goes my Grandpas brother bought it new in the late 50's.
Its a Remington Fieldmaster Model 572. Pump action 22 cal.
Its a very blond wood, I am guessing a birch or light maple.
The iron all has a copper finish.
My dad said that the barrel had a plastic insert in it.

View attachment 5929

View attachment 5924

View attachment 5925

View attachment 5926

View attachment 5927

View attachment 5928

·
Banned
414 Posts
What you have is there buckskin tan edition production was 1958 to 1962 there not that rare, now if you had the one that was blue then you would have something worth a lot of money, im sure its still worth something but you didnt hit the jackpot lol

·
Banned
414 Posts
The teal wing blue one can be worth over $1000 to the right person, now if you found someone who had the black crow one which is a really dark black one and the blue one im sure they would pay a pretty penny for this one you have so they could complete the 3 color set, but if you were goin to just sell it to someone who was gonna actually use it a lot pry worth $150 to $250 but like I said if you found someone who really needs it for there collection ive heard of people paying around $500 for one even tho they dont book for near that

·
King Ding-A-Ling
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's interesting to know what its worth, but I doubt I would ever sell it. Family guns are meant to stay in the family. If someone in my family has owned it for 60 years its worth a lot more than a few hundred bucks to me. I am looking for more info on it. I don't understand this plastic barrel liner and the colors.

·
Banned
414 Posts
Oh my bad I thought u were looking to sell it, yea I was talking to my buddy about it cause he has the set and he actually said the one you have is the 3rd rarest out of the 5 types they made, I guess they also made a anniversery edition and I cant remember the other one I think it was just a plain old one that was the first one they made (didnt have any special colors) the set I guess is worth about $3000 i know it has sentimental value but if u ever wanted to sell it id give ya $650 for it just something to keep in mind

·
Banned
414 Posts
Let me rephrase that to, my buddy actually knows someone who looking for the buckskin one and he said hed give ya $650 for it if you were interested in selling it, ill ask him about plastic piece to

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was looking at buckskin tan guns, I just recently had one given to me. The barrel is aluminum with a anodised color and a metal sleeve for the barrel, and metal for the other high wear parts. These guns have really gone up in value, and I had my kids make me promise to never sell any guns, and I made them agree to that also. Guns and ammo never loose value, for example a brick of 22's has gone up by 400% since I last bought any.
Enjoy, it's also a great shooter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts