• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did brother. I messed up. LOL It should be now. I am beat up man. 30 plus days of hunting has got me a little mentally challenged and I am headed to DC this afternoon for 2 days. God Help me because I seriously need a makeover. Bad. :lol:

· Quack Addict
2,750 Posts
Terrible here at home, but we did awsome in Canada. Just can not belive that their season ends on November 30th and ours on December 2nd! Does any body else see a problem here. Thnks Guy for the great season :twisted:

· Registered
4,710 Posts
Very, very, poor!!! Shot a bunch of teal and a few divers, but geese and mallrads have been very slim here. Live in the south zone but hunt both zones most of the season.

· Registered
185 Posts
It seems like I had a pretty good year so far, but I spent more time bow hunting than normal. I haven't duck hunted as much as usuall and it seems like I timed it just about right everytime. Except today and yesterday, which really sucked. North Zone.

· Registered
5,693 Posts
Poorest season I have had in 28 years, Southwest Iowa,
This time of year in the past we are saying we need new birds because the birds are decoy shy, or call shy.
This year we are just shy with birds, hoping for a better finish.
Dean

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Dukkilr said:
Terrible here at home, but we did awsome in Canada. Just can not belive that their season ends on November 30th and ours on December 2nd! Does any body else see a problem here. Thnks Guy for the great season :twisted:
Hmm, Canada is roughly 600 miles north of Iowa but yet our season for the north zone only goes 3 days later in the year. Now talk about YOU GOT TO BE SHITTN ME!

My season so far this year for ducks has been poor with only two good shoots. Other then those two outings, it's been either a shunk or 1 or 2 ducks going home. It's not the lack of scouting either thats for sure.

The geese have been about average so far this year but have been tough with the mild weather and lack of time to hunt them during LST.

· Registered
2,485 Posts
I would say above average but not great. I picked average but if there was a "good" option I would have picked it. I haven't hunted geese yet but duck hunting overall has been pretty good. Around 80% of the ducks we have killed have been mallards which is also pretty good cosidering the weather.

· Registered
22 Posts
I would say the worst year for waterfowling since I was 15 and that was 10yrs ago. Mallards seem to be tuff every year simply because our season is too short but the gadwalls usually make up for it. No huge flocks of gaddies like previous years. Also, we have a big D bag in our county that can hunt every day of the week because of his job and if we do find a field with some geese he will hunt it during the week which makes scouting a nightmare. Its usually only him that is out field hunting geese during the week which means he ruined a field for two geese. I have no problem with people field hunting geese alone but 4 to 5 times a week is making everyone elses hunting hell.

· Registered
465 Posts
Hunt the North Zone and its been poor

It got terrible as soon as the teal and woodies took off seems as though they left and no ducks replaced them. Luckily we got into a few divers 2 weeks ago that made for a ok shoot. So we've just been pluggin away on the geese

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.