Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I went to our QB CLUB meeting and they have put me and another guy in charge of the Golf Tournament. I was wondering if I could get some input from you guys and gals on some games or something we can do during the outing. As always we will have the longest drive, longest putt, and closest to the pin. We also are throwing around the idea of a 8 inch cup. Lets hear those ideas!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
8 inch cups are fun have them put one in a bunker and behind a green. Throw some stuff out there that you noramally wouldnt see. Best Balls are always fun shoot a low round with a couple of buddies. Skins games are great to. Great chance to score a skin with a par is always fun.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
PM Camohunter. He is a Golf professional and deals with outings everyday.

Gude knows the deal as well I am sure he has seen his share.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Knobbers
Enjoy running the golf tournament, they can be alot of fun.

We have one tournament were we have all 18 holes as 8" cups, they are alot of fun allowing people to hopefully shoot lower scores having more fun. If your club doesn't have 18 of them, use what you have. If you want to throw a curve ball, put out a couple 2" cups too. :shock:

Pin Events:
Closest to the Pin in One, Two, or Three
Longest Putt
Longest Drive
Shortest Drive
Closest to the (GQ Club Item) in the fairway
Closest to the 100, 150 or 200 yard stake
Closest Chip Shot from off the Green

Skin Games are always fun too and can result in a bit of money if there is only one or two skins out.

Beat the Pro:
Your club pro sits on a Par 3 and hits golf balls for each group. Of course, the foursome or individuals have to pay the golf pro for his shot. If the pro beats the foursome or individual, they can use his ball on the green. If the am.. beats the pro, his name is put in with the others that beat the pro and you draw the name afterwards at the dinner having that person win all the cash.

Betting Hole:
Take a rope and make a circle around the hole on a par 3 (use baby powder and only baby powder) Have someone sit on the hole and take money from the foursomes. If they hit inside the circle, name goes in a bucket and their name gets drawn at the dinner to win all the cash.

Mulligans: people purchase mulligans to use during their round.
Rope: people purchase x length of rope to use on putts during their round.

PM me if you have any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts