Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out scouting tonight down by Hartford when I came across a dead goose laying on the road. I checked it out and it had been cleaned. Then I look up in the farmers field and there's 2 more laying in the field. How freaking hard is it to take the geese home and clean them instead of leaving them where people will see them. And then we wonder why all hunters get such a bad rap. Whoever you are that did this, do your job next time and take them home and discard of them properly!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I agree, I bring all my birds home and sack the carcasses and will put the sack in the deep freeze til garbage day if its warm out still. I myself love public area parking lots that people throw their breasted out birds in the grass or ditch near by.

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
jobu said:
I agree, I bring all my birds home and sack the carcasses and will put the sack in the deep freeze til garbage day if its warm out still. I myself love public area parking lots that people throw their breasted out birds in the grass or ditch near by.
That is what I have done in the past as well. Otherwise I take them out in one of our fields and put them in a waterway a LONG ways away from the road.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oscar said:
So when did you shoot those Rob?
All mine go home. And I havent hunted over there. nice try.

·
Registered
181 Posts
might of been better too of set it in the ditch so the predators could eat. then it wouldnt of been wasted, not sayin that the crows wouldnt pick at it

·
Registered
413 Posts
Same here. I always take my birds home, bag the carcass and discard it properly.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Ryan Ransom said:
We've found carcass piles in the middle of the section make great yote bait :D
and great crow bait as well. Nothin beats shootin crows when nothin else is open...turkey choke and copper plated #6's do a job on em :twisted:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are you allowed to clean birds like that in Iowa?

We have to keep a fully featherd head or wing on any bird. No breasting out in the field before you transport.

We can not hunt crows over bait like that either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts