Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's probably not a popular choice, but I think that the Primos Honky Tonk is a really good short reed to learn on. It runs about $20 bucks, its really easy to blow and it sounds good. I think it is a pretty forgiving call too if he makes a mistake or two in the field.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I started cheap with the pc-1 and canada hammer and worked up to expensive with the Money Maker after I got the hang of it. Will probably get a lynch mob or field proven for my next call

·
Registered
361 Posts
Have your son take a look at the Deadicated Goose Calls website and see if he likes the look of any the calls. These calls were designed to be very user friendly and forgiving. Great for a beginner. Can't beat the price either..

·
Dakota Cyclone
1,437 Posts
Have your son take a look at the Deadicated Goose Calls website and see if he likes the look of any the calls. These calls were designed to be very user friendly and forgiving. Great for a beginner. Can't beat the price either..
Deadicated goose calls should sponsor the site. Get your name out to a lot of people rather than just posts!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i guess the question is, do you think he will be dedicated to it? if so i wouldn't hesitate to get him a nice call. he's 14...i hear plenty of 14 year olds that can school me on a short reed. i really think you should get him something thats a little challenging for him...you will probably be amazed at how fast he will pick it up

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am going to put my 2 cents in. the guys I hunt with blow flutes I am the short reed guy in I have 6 calls that I like and 3 are hybrids that I have put together myself. But a great call for the money is the grounds half breed. But my baby is my foils hybrid. I have a lynch mob slipknot I think it takes to much air. For me at least. Just my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.