Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Giant
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only saw the one pic, figured I'd start a post about the opener. How'd everyone do?

We had a banner day up by Storm Lake, got invited along by a great group of guys. 8 man limit by 8 am, and a bonus woodie. Plus after over 7 years of hunting waterfowl I finally shot my first band. :61:

How did everyone else do?

· Registered
1,500 Posts
I didn't hunt...but a couple of buddies that live in the North zone hunted and got a goose egg (not literally). They tried a couple of places but the water was over their waders.

My buddy that has hunted for 20+ years, said he saw the fewest number of birds he had ever seen. He blamed it on teal season :)

...and too much water.

· Registered
1,487 Posts
I didn't hunt...but a couple of buddies that live in the North zone hunted and got a goose egg (not literally). They tried a couple of places but the water was over their waders.

My buddy that has hunted for 20+ years, said he saw the fewest number of birds he had ever seen. He blamed it on teal season :)

...and too much water.
I could only hunt Saturday and I seen a good number of birds, most of them mallards. It was just one of those days, broke the mojo, set up like a idiot.... and it was hot! This week should be good.

· Registered
3,265 Posts
more like, you took me hunting for these. Where's the mallards, dumb ass.

Or if you are into politics: You better vote for Trump or I'll rip your nuts off.

Love the dog. Great photo.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.