Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, figured id introduce myself to everybody here. My name is Brian, 26yrs old and I hail from Elkader up in Northeast Iowa. Just started hunting ducks two years ago with my new brother in laws, mind you that hasnt been a great number of times, but enough to get me real excited for waterfowling. I have been a hunter for around 15 years, mainly whitetail (clayton county has tons of em), and other small game. Most of those years I used a longbow for all my hunting but in the last five years Ive gotten into shotgun hunting as well. Now for one of the main reasons for joining this site. I seemed to have lost my spot on my brother in laws boat, due to a girlfriend taking my spot so I now have nobody to duck hunt with nor do I know anyone here in my area that duck hunts. As of right now, being new to this, I dont have the capabilities of going by myself, though I have gained some knowledge of how to do spreads, calling etc. Duck hunting certainly is a little more complex then deer hunting, that im use to, but I hope to become as good a duck hunter as I am a deer hunter. Well now that I have bored everybody Ill cut this off. Hope to get to know some of ya here. Brian

·
Somateria spectabilis
14,103 Posts
Hey, figured id introduce myself to everybody here. My name is Brian, 26yrs old and I hail from Elkader up in Northeast Iowa. Just started hunting ducks two years ago with my new brother in laws, mind you that hasnt been a great number of times, but enough to get me real excited for waterfowling. I have been a hunter for around 15 years, mainly whitetail (clayton county has tons of em), and other small game. Most of those years I used a longbow for all my hunting but in the last five years Ive gotten into shotgun hunting as well. Now for one of the main reasons for joining this site. I seemed to have lost my spot on my brother in laws boat, due to a girlfriend taking my spot so I now have nobody to duck hunt with nor do I know anyone here in my area that duck hunts. As of right now, being new to this, I dont have the capabilities of going by myself, though I have gained some knowledge of how to do spreads, calling etc. Duck hunting certainly is a little more complex then deer hunting, that im use to, but I hope to become as good a duck hunter as I am a deer hunter. Well now that I have bored everybody Ill cut this off. Hope to get to know some of ya here. Brian
I've lost many hunting partners to wives/girlfriends. Usually you can torment those women enough with the cold and mud that they eventually don't want to go with you any more.

·
Somateria spectabilis
14,103 Posts
Welcome, don't worry about being on your own. Some of my best hunting stories are ones when I was alone, but the nice thing about duck hunting is it can be a group thing.
I totally agree. I have a little honey hole lined up for the second opener. If it's anything like last year I will headed back to the truck with a limit 30 minutes after shooting time, and it will just be me and the dog hunting it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.