Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

New rig for Diver lines

9K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  bumper 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Do you let the downstream end float free or is also anchored??

Never use long lines. Looks handy.
I anchor both ends. But if you let one end float free for a few min, you will never have to question your wind direction again. I use window weights on each end as anchors

Is there going to be any drop lines to the main line so the dog doesnt get tangle? Or is this not an issue with the coax? I like how it looks
Dont run drops. Never had the dog have any issues with it, The Coax is heavy enough that it sags btwn decoys. Most of the stuff we hunt for divers is only 2-3 foot deep. So the dog doesnt even swim on the retrieves.

What do you think of those tanglefree cans, Mike?
I am really liking all of the Tanglefree duck decoys. Good size, shape, motion, weight balance, and pretty durable. I have only used the those Can decoys maybe 6-8 times this year, and they still look like new.

#7 ·
What do you think of those tanglefree cans, Mike?

#13 ·
Now that there is a thinkin' man.

#20 ·
#23 ·
I just folded the cable over at the end and put 3-4 zip ties on the tail. Basically made a 6 inch circle at each end of the line. The I just use a carabiner on the window weight. That way I can take the weights off before I put the decoys in the bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.