1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
King Ding-A-Ling
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
What do you think of those tanglefree cans, Mike?

·
King Ding-A-Ling
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you let the downstream end float free or is also anchored??

Never use long lines. Looks handy.
I anchor both ends. But if you let one end float free for a few min, you will never have to question your wind direction again. I use window weights on each end as anchors

Is there going to be any drop lines to the main line so the dog doesnt get tangle? Or is this not an issue with the coax? I like how it looks
Dont run drops. Never had the dog have any issues with it, The Coax is heavy enough that it sags btwn decoys. Most of the stuff we hunt for divers is only 2-3 foot deep. So the dog doesnt even swim on the retrieves.

What do you think of those tanglefree cans, Mike?
I am really liking all of the Tanglefree duck decoys. Good size, shape, motion, weight balance, and pretty durable. I have only used the those Can decoys maybe 6-8 times this year, and they still look like new.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
I am really liking all of the Tanglefree duck decoys. Good size, shape, motion, weight balance, and pretty durable. I have only used the those Can decoys maybe 6-8 times this year, and they still look like new.
Plus they make hens.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you could disguise a satellite antenna as a wing spinner and run cable from that to a tv in the boat as a longline you could watch the Pack without leaving the comfort of the marsh and have deeks out

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
If you could disguise a satellite antenna as a wing spinner and run cable from that to a tv in the boat as a longline you could watch the Pack without leaving the comfort of the marsh and have deeks out
Now that there is a thinkin' man.

·
Giant Panda
1,166 Posts
Those better be some very heavy duty snap swivels, I have tried them and have had more get straightened out than not. Thats just an fyi to those of you who love the setup, it is a great setup but make sure you get heavy swivels, not that light bass fishing junk.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Not funny Doug! The pain is to fresh yet.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Those better be some very heavy duty snap swivels, I have tried them and have had more get straightened out than not. Thats just an fyi to those of you who love the setup, it is a great setup but make sure you get heavy swivels, not that light bass fishing junk.
what size swivels fit around the coax but are strong enough to last?

·
King Ding-A-Ling
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts