Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first season for Iowa deer and having to use a shotgun as the weapon of choice. I am really looking forward to it! I am looking at getting a rifled barrel for my 870 express super mag, but I am not sure if that is the way to go or to buy a new gun and barrel combo? I am looking for some suggestions here!!

I am also thinking of getting a auto for next, if not this waterfowl season, so that could also change the suggestions......

· pimpin' suzies
2,651 Posts
barrels for the 870 are pretty decent priced... even if you were gonna get an auto and wanted a slug only gun id turn your 870 into your slug gun and get what you wanted for waterfowl... JMO

i have several slug guns but my most recent decision was to buy a slug barrel for my SBE and put a scope on it, so i now have one gun that is a do all...

· pimpin' suzies
2,651 Posts
You can shoot slugs out of your smooth barrel so why even waste the money!
very true

its a personal preferance..and improvement. i enjoy having tack driving accuracy, and ability to shoot out to 200 if i need to.

why not make the most out of our shotgun season for what its worth.. never know when that giant will step out past 100 yards and accuracy will me limited at best with a smooth bore and no scope.. JMO

good luck in your decision :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.