Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how many people out there have made the dumb mistake I made sunday.. Was in the middle of an oil change and what not on my mud motor, got called out to the golf course to help someone out, came back 30 minutes later to continue working on the motor. I greased up a few zyrts and figured I would run the motor for a little bit. Well heard some squeeling and then a big pop. I forgot to put oil in and the big pop was something putting a hole in the block, a good sized one too. So a new one is on the way to marsh monster to be put in this week. A pretty costly mistake!

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
ouch

Good thing you got a local mud motor dealer in town though!!!! :D To top it off with excellent prices!!!!

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
ah it is only money. Trying to get ahold of Scott. I think my rig will be down there this week to hopefully and have them put a new axle under my boat trailer!

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Bruto said:
Keeping the frame and all, just replacing the motor, will be getting a new prop and throttle put on though.
marshmonsters throttle set up is the cats ass!!!!

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
I bet. Those hondas also are so quiet compared to other brands it is unreal. Going to have mine out sometime this weekend hopefully. H ave to finish up the blind.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Bruto said:
Also can't make the same mistake with oil again, they wont start if the oil is below a certain level.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep that is for sure. Scott was laughing pretty hard yet about your expensive mistake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Mine will be back down there in two weeks when my new axle for my old trailer I have comes in. the 1000lb axle under it has seen its better days. Scott is going to put a 2000lb axle under it for me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.