Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Doug, Cant help you on the bird, but I did purchase a hex bumper this weekend at Scheels and it's really nice for long marks, I would recommend the 2" over the 3 though because its a little awkward for the dogs mouth. Still can't beat the Dokken for realism though. Just my .2

· Registered
46 Posts
The ones in the store are the the regular ATB's. The Ez-bird is new this year. I have had one for about 3 or 4 months and have had zero problems. The ez-bird is a touch smaller then the regular ATB and the head is soft. As far as the rope I do know they worked on putting a more durable rope in the new ATB's and EZ-birds. They are trying to keep the rope softer then the Dokens yet just as durable. I think they kinks have been worked out. A plus with the ATB's and the EZ-bird over the Dokens is they are designed to never absorb water like the Dokens will do after a little use. This way they do not rot and become water logged. If any of you are in the CR are let me know and I can show you an EZ-bird if you want.

· Pelican
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kinda salty that they sent me a black and white one when I ordered a mallard. HUH? I can also see why they are breaking eye sockets, that head is like a stone. I re rigged it so the head sits tight to the body and won't flop up and punch him in the face(I Hope).

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Double check that post - the only dummies they had available were the Mallard Flasher (what you ordered and got), Greenwing Teal, and GWT Flasher.

You got what you ordered and what they had in stock.

I need to pick up a few EZ Birds this year. Looks like I'm going to be starting this WONDERFUL process over again in the spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.