Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
8,540 Posts
I agree but what is new. Pretty soon we will be paying non resident fees to hunt in Iowa. :roll:

· Banned
8,540 Posts
I hunt IA, IL, WI, and MI. A non resident ill license for a year with the license and stamps is under 70 bucks.

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AJB said:
I hunt IA, IL, WI, and MI. A non resident ill license for a year with the license and stamps is under 70 bucks.
I hunted there while at school for a couple of years. Not bad at all in my opinion... so far as price goes. If you're hunting deer that's a different story but that's a-whole-nother animal.

Literally.

My fiance is from IL, bought her a NR hunting license, habitat, state waterfowl, and federal waterfowl stamp and it was like $110 or something.

I can't really complain about NR's paying high prices, that doesn't bother me, I think it should be that way.

· Banned
8,540 Posts
No I agree with the NR license prices I just think the resident license should stay where it is. It seems to rise about every other year.

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AJB said:
No I agree with the NR license prices I just think the resident license should stay where it is. It seems to rise about every other year.
If the hunting/game law enforcement/habitat conditions/restoration/etc tangibly improved... or at least an attempt was made, I could handle paying a little bit more.

· Banned
8,540 Posts
oh for sure or they would finish projects they started. I know volga recreation area hasn't been finished for the last 3 years it is just sitting there half done. What I am talking about is the new campground and roads but all the parks by desmoines are getting new stuff every year. Makes no sense to me. :roll:

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AJB said:
oh for sure or they would finish projects they started. I know volga recreation area hasn't been finished for the last 3 years it is just sitting there half done. What I am talking about is the new campground and roads but all the parks by desmoines are getting new stuff every year. Makes no sense to me. :roll:
That's the definition of goverment spending :)

The parks in DM are eye candy I'm sure. Who is going to go out and look at wetlands or underwater fish habitat?

· Registered
308 Posts
If they are going to hike up our fees, they should make the season longer so we can enjoy it a little more. To many years have come and gone when the push doesn't come until our season closes. I don't mind paying to do what i love but let me do it when it is supposed to be done.

· Registered
263 Posts
AJB said:
This is where state DNR's make their money. For an example here in Indiana a resident deer tag is $24 a non resident is $150. That's a $126 more for the same tag. Easy money for the state.

· Registered
64 Posts
It was on our local news that the increase was due to the lack of sales due to the spring floods......? Maybe it is because the price of tags now!!! Several mid-west states chage a small fee for res. and they make their money on NR.

· IAW Veteran
1,767 Posts
Its tough enough to pay the fees that they are pushing on us now, but to ask for another increase? this is getting a bit hard to handle.Some once told me hunting was a richmans sport and if iowa keeps up its increases this is going to be true. Hell, even when i lived in Mo. it didnt cost me as much to hunt there as it has since i came home. they complain we are loosing our hunters, well if they keep it up they are going to push a lot of guys out of the game.

lee :x

· Registered
1,960 Posts
YOu know what? I wouldn't mind an increase at all if I had some assurance that the money was going to be used to improve the resources that we as outdoorsmen cherish and use. I would be more than happy to pay a 50% increase if we saw honest improvements and theymade things better.

I really doubt that will happen, it will be business as usual and our areas will suck and we will watch other states (Mo for example) continue to pass us by with a whole lot less money to do it.

I wonder how many out of state deer and turkey tags will be sold under the new increase plan, let alone out of state waterfowlers etc. I bet the out of state pheasant hunters that have been coming here for years will eat that up. A steady decline in birds with no visbl help or action by the DNR and WHAM MORE MONEY!

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Don't have a problem with the increase and will gladly pay it next year if it gets approved.

I just hope the money will be used correctly which will be doubtful but you never know.

I believe in general waterfowl lie. for a whole year of the season are darn cheap but then again I get out alot compared to other folks.

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Everyone wants more done with the same funding limits.

It just can't be done.

I wish gas was 1976 prices and I wish land prices was 1930's prices with that I end it.

A lot of people want things better but they don't want to pay for the complaint.

It is frustrating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.