Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
That's insane but not surprised by the amount.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Went out tonight for a hour and found a few hundred white geese. Looks like we got flown over

·
Registered
987 Posts
Went out tonight for a hour and found a few hundred white geese. Looks like we got flown over
I dont chase them. But we have alot of sheet water here haven't seen any for 2 days . And no where near other years when we've had like conditions. Kinda surprised me , you may be right.

My brother was in nw Mo. Suppose to hunt last Friday ,Saturday and Sunday. Hunted Friday and outfitter had to scramble to get spread picked up as of flooding. He and his son came home with 2. He drove back to Illinois sat. For what thats worth.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Not sure how accurate the web page is but Loess Bluffs had 1.3 m on their bird count.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Well another curve ball in life! 8 of us booked a hunt with the Snow Goose Commander and we were to be in South Dakota for a Friday/ Sunday hunt.
I will not throw stones as with the weather and the mess we have had to deal with down here. He is still in NW mo and gave us other dates we could be in SD due to he has not moved up there yet.
Thanks to Brent and his reports and phone calls the dates he gave us I am afraid the snows could be out of there by then. We do get out money back and we did try to get with another outfitter on very short notice as many of the others still work regular jobs!
I had never hunted in SD for snows and I will have to wait another year!
Dean

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear that Dean.

I just drove from Mitchell to Huron and couldn’t drive 5 miles without seeing 100’s it not 1000’s of snow geese. Will be in Aberdeen area today and Britton, Hecla, Websrter and Clark areas tomorrow before heading home.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Went out again today looking for some snows. Still a lot of ice on the lakes, sheet water in fields. Found a few hundred but nothing like normal

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No snow geese north of Huron but shitloads of SNOW. Just before I left Huron the flood warning came across my phone for Sunday through Thursday. Most all that water will end up in the Missouri below the damns.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drove to Vermillion last night and been there all morning, in Yankton now. Haven’t seen 500 snows. I would say the fat lady has sung for most.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Was down at the blind in Mo yesturday and didnt see anything flying.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We hunted on Saturday just west and north of the Des Moines area and saw about 20 snows for the day. Managed to fool one of them in close enough to get.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well another curve ball in life! 8 of us booked a hunt with the Snow Goose Commander and we were to be in South Dakota for a Friday/ Sunday hunt.
I will not throw stones as with the weather and the mess we have had to deal with down here. He is still in NW mo and gave us other dates we could be in SD due to he has not moved up there yet.
Thanks to Brent and his reports and phone calls the dates he gave us I am afraid the snows could be out of there by then. We do get out money back and we did try to get with another outfitter on very short notice as many of the others still work regular jobs!
I had never hunted in SD for snows and I will have to wait another year!
Dean
Dean I'm not sure if you have any experience with that guide service but I would recommend being highly weary. Don't want what should be a good experience for you to be bad.

Cuvvy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts