Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes like a gimic, my computer had a pop up when i clicked on the pro staff menu that said that it might be used as a way to get you to sign up for stuff but it is just a fake web page. I'm just hesitant to join. Also do you get like free decoys and stuff? Not that i need anymore. Just making sure im not getting screwed

· Registered
1,879 Posts
Yes like a gimic, my computer had a pop up when i clicked on the pro staff menu that said that it might be used as a way to get you to sign up for stuff but it is just a fake web page. I'm just hesitant to join. Also do you get like free decoys and stuff? Not that i need anymore. Just making sure im not getting screwed
No i don't think you'll be recieving any free decoys just yet. And you can't just sign up usually its a selected group you might be able to fill out a chance to become one but not anyone can just be part of a pro staff by signing up. Theres nothing to get screwed over with? You're not giving them any real personal information they can't take anything away from you and your not paying them anything.

· Registered
4,431 Posts
Pro Staff won't really get you anything besides saying you're a pro staffer for xyz. Maybe you'll get sneak peeks at new decoys coming out or something like that.

· King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
Pro Staff won't really get you anything besides saying you're a pro staffer for xyz. Maybe you'll get sneak peeks at new decoys coming out or something like that.
Way more than that in my mind! Its basically another networking opprortunity. Lots of "good" folks out there to trade hunts with, and most companies are very good about opening hunting opportunities to thier Junior staffers.

· Registered
4,431 Posts
I'll give you that. There are guys on here that trade hunts here to, granted we're not trading field ducks in Kansas for flooded timber in Arkansas. There is a section for pro staff opportunities on Avery's website. Just throwing that out there. I had a "pro staffer" practically demand that he should hunt with me because he found out I had permission to hunt a pond he couldn't. Guess where the geese were:cool: Not saying all pro staff guys are aholes, I guess you hear all the bad stories and none of the good ones.

· Registered
361 Posts
Ever since I started up Deadicated Goose Calls last winter, I've had people begging and pleading about "Pro-Staff Spots" and "Field-Staffers". I finally sat down and thought about it a while back. I asked all these guys that were interested, what they thought should be expected of them as "Pro-Staffers"? And what did they expect in return?

I never really got a straight answer from anyone. A couple answers were "to help sell calls". Promotion is a great thing, but I'm gonna promote something I believe in whether I "Pro-Staff" for them or not.

Two things people requested in return were free calls and invites to hunt. Guess what, if I like you, you're gonna get an invite to hunt whether you are "Pro-Staff" or not. If I don't want to hunt with you, I prolly don't want you to be a Promotional Staffer for my company.

Just my $.02 and I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Pro-Staff's can be beneficial, but they can become negative fast..

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seems like you have to have "connections" to get a spot thats worth anything like a junior pro staff
-I buy decoys from a guy thats a field staffer for GHG so i have a connection there

Why do you want to be on a pro staff?"- Just looks like a cool oppertunity and free decoys never hurt anyone

"If makes it so you can talk down to everyone else cause your superior to all. i.e. "my dick is bigger then yours, even though i dont know how to use it"-Not at all. My name is not Greentops :stirthepot:. Everything i have learned about hunting ducks has came from online websites (i.e. duckhuntingchat.com, goosehuntingchat.com, iawaterfowlers.com, and the avery forum.) So I have no reason to talk down to anyone on here I respect all of you very much and i hope to be half as good as all of you on here.

· Sarcastic
2,933 Posts
-I buy decoys from a guy thats a field staffer for GHG so i have a connection there

Why do you want to be on a pro staff?"- Just looks like a cool oppertunity and free decoys never hurt anyone

"If makes it so you can talk down to everyone else cause your superior to all. i.e. "my dick is bigger then yours, even though i dont know how to use it"-Not at all. My name is not Greentops :stirthepot:. Everything i have learned about hunting ducks has came from online websites (i.e. duckhuntingchat.com, goosehuntingchat.com, iawaterfowlers.com, and the avery forum.) So I have no reason to talk down to anyone on here I respect all of you very much and i hope to be half as good as all of you on here.
boss man...... learn to love the sport before you love the business.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.