Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
So.....anyone can post a report? If so, I don't think it is/will be all that credible......maybe later in the season when lots of people are reporting, but not if there arent lots of reports. On a positive note, if you scroll your mouse up it will zoom in quite well. I have the program "Google Earth" downloaded onto my computer for looking at roads, water, ect. in my hunting areas to get a better view of what I'm hunting. I have to say this map is at least just as good as "Google Earth" if not better. Thanks for the link, sir. 8)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really don't start paying attention to it until mid october when people actually start posting a lot more....just wanted to put the link up there. most of the reports for iowa just show that there are just local birds to report right now, but usually it is a good source in the late fall. when mn starts looking like a gay pride parade, thats when i start paying attention

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
It seems to be fairly close come late oct. into nov. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now is when i start paying a little more attention...a few days ago it was still pretty sparse...now that there are more reports, it looks like a lot of states have had openers and that very slowly the birds are moving...we hit manitoba next friday and the forecast for where we are going is for temps in the 40's and below freezing at night starting next thursday and winds out of the NW...it looks like we might be getting there at just the right time! thats the hope anyways

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i sort of use it as an averaging means...if half of the people say its a full on migration and half the people say theres no birds, then its probably somewhere in the middle...until i can get up to canada, its the best thing i've got. i have noticed some migrators here, but not many at all. small geese and small ducks...i understand what you are saying though...last year there were lots of reports in the spring that the geese had all moved through when squaw creek was still holding over 1 million

1 - 8 of 8 Posts