Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a hunter or gun owner/shooter ... read on.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011, the Iowa DNR held a public hearing at their hq in Des Moines. I was there. This was an important session because the anti-hunters ... anti-dove hunters ... and a couple anti-gun folks were there also ... to express their views to the DNR & NRC, media and the rest of the audience. Hunters were outnumbered 2 to 1 by my estimation. And they were quite vocal. Clearly, you/us hunters do not understand the "big picture" and are out of step with 75% of Iowans. If they controlled things, you'd be turning in your firearms and hunting would be history.

So ... if you value the hunting heritage and I'd say you do, it is high time to get visible and tell your elected and non-elected state officials how you feel. When the DNR has such hearings, I'd recommend you make a genuine and concerted effort to convey your thoughts. If you are not willing to be vocal, these folks will be back ... to take your hunting rights away.

I appreciate that Missouri Valley Waterfowlers Assn, PF & the NWTF made presentations. But there were "energized" anti-folks - lots of them. Does not matter that science supports a dove season or that ~40 other states hunt doves.

I hope we'll see more of you visibly supporting your cherished sport in the future ... or you too will be vanquished. I would expect their next tactic will be an injunction lawsuit.

June 7 is another hearing - turkey and waterfowl are the issues. Can you make it? Will you make it? Or ... will you sit on your duff in silence? I dare you to show up.

Stu Maas

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IATAX, It isn't about doom and gloom brother. What Stu has reported is a fact. They the anti element that is showed up in true form ok and in some cases shouted down or over us Supporters of the dove season rule proposal. They dramatizes the situation which if your a reporter makes for good anti dove hunting PR. To grow complacent at the final moment of truth will be a huge mistake upon our part and give these people the type of room they need to potentially stall the dove hunting opportunity in this state. There was NRC members present and even senators present at the DM meeting.

When these meetings come up in DM at the IDNR HQ, we have got to show up and participate in the process. What would be a huge plus to this issue is to obtain women supporters and young kids who love hunting and the future of it.

Tactical moves brother that are a plus to counter these wind bags and their rhetoric. If we maintain the complacent attitude we shall surely take it in the shorts. Mind you this may not be the only issue we take it in the pants over. As we get down to the last few meetings of the year on this issue, they will become way more contentious as they the anti's become more desperate in their attempts. You should have heard the rhetoric being spewed by these people. It was unreal that any person could say such things in light of having the Internet to find facts.

As always brother. Be good, Be safe and God Bless.

Hope to see you at the last few meetings.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.