Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has the USFWS shut down the 2020 conservation season due to Coronavirus?

Been slow here. Boys finished their hockey seasons. Time to look toward soft water fishing and hanging out at the cabin. Headed to the gulf shores to see if we cant hook up on a few salt water fish as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well just got the trailer packed to head down and see if any birds are left in sw Iowa. Haven't heard any thing real positive about any still coming thru, but this is the week we have to go with do to spring break for the kids. Guess we will see what happens, besides it is always good company to see bad dog, even though it is only one tome a year

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well with the sports getting cancelled this site should pick up. I know a lot of people have switched over to the Refuge forum. I still check in here now and then. The Omaha station is calling for rain and slushy snow over night and into tomorrow morning so I can imagine hunting would be to good. Loess Bluffs is down to around 4k birds and Riverton was reporting 100k. Those birds have been really tough to follow. Good luck if you get out.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
was down to the duck farm and helped boater joe get the spread set before dark.his oldest son was stopping in des moines last night for the auto show.a good 3 inches of wet snow this am with an east north east wind.seen sevral flocks while settin up.dont give up get em.bad dog

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
the boys have been lookin for antlers.slim pickins in this neighborhood.their catchin a few farm pond panfish.a few ice out catfish at the big lake.havein 2 or 3 calves most days now.shure would like the sun and dry weather to come back.bad dog

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I had to get away so I went to the Retriever Academy in Miami Ok for a week, worked the young dog and the old girl showed she still has some desire even at 12 years old. Great place all set up for training and it is cheap $50.00 a night and that takes care ofeverything except food.
Only saw snows in Ks on the way down and they were putting a hurt on a winter wheat field.
Take care everyone us old guys need to be extra careful they tell me so I am just working in my shop and getting a burger every now and then at the call in your order bar which is fine except they will not give a drink to go!!!!!!!!
Feel sorry for the kids they will be extra lost not being in school and some need to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dean

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I had top get away so I went to the Retriever Academy in Miami Ok for a week, worked the young dog and the old girl showed she still has some desire even at 12 years old. Great place all set up for training and it is cheap $50.00 a night and that takes care ofeverything except food.
Only saw snows in Ks on the way down and they were putting a hurt on a winter wheat field.
Take care everyone us old guys need to be extra careful they tell me so I am just working in my shop and getting a burger every now and then at the call in your order bar which is fine except they will not give a drink to go!!!!!!!!
Feel sorry for the kids they will be extra lost not being in school and some need to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!mabe I auta come up and share some of your cherry juice resipe:drinking:bad dog
Dean

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice job! My younger boy and I went Sun and Mon, weren't able to fill our tags. 2 other guys did on the same property, one weighed 30#.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
row crops are planted.large part of spring calves are born and on grass.lilac bushes are sayin shrooms. toms are havin to look harder for action.crappies are movin in shallow. full moon in two days.an nobody here is get anything done because of lock down :drinking:bad dog

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bad dog, you are spot on with everything except the schrooms maybe with this rain we will get a few; but it has been slim pickings up here in central Iowa. all of the corn is about in. some beans left to go. we need corn prices to get above $3.00 $2.70 doesn't pencil out.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
all corn is out of the ground,beans are just now below the surface.the smaller crappies are still shallow,bass are movein in.still have hen geese still sittin others have hatchlins.flowers seem behind and may not be ready for decoration weekend.blind is off of boat and mortor serviced.cant report much more hope all are stayin healthy.bad dog

1 - 17 of 17 Posts