Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Quack Addict
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a guy sharpen the old blades and have them work good? Mine are shot and I was told that they are never the same if you resharpen them but I hate to spend $30 for new ones.

· Registered
283 Posts
what kind of auger is it? If its cheapo, you may want to upgrade...I have a 6 inch lazer that is 8 years old, cuts hundreds of holes, and still has the original blades. If you baby them, and softly set them down on the ice, they will last along time and still cut awesome. Many years ago I had a blue mora, and it would eat 2 sets of blades a season...thay just dont hold a good edge.

· Quack Addict
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a lazer 6" I used it for a post hole digger this fall :oops: so the blades are shot. I know not probally the best idea but I was pissed and needed to get some fence up in a hurry. My ass hole neighbor decided that he didnt like the sun flowers that I had planted in the food plot and proceded to mow them down with his belly mower :twisted: . Needless to say it wasnt pretty!

· Pelican
5,725 Posts
I roll with a mora so can't speak for a lazer. But I know the lazers are a much better auger. I never really had much luck sharping the blades on the mora and messin with the pitch. I tried it sucked, I bought new. Give it a try and if it don't work your not out anything.

· Banned
8,540 Posts
We found those lazer augers are awesome until they hit some sand mixed in with the ice and it ruins the blades fast. Our old jiffy though(20 years old) goes through about anything. Both are power augers though. Our hand auger is an old mora. You might want to check mills though in mason for blades for your lazer. They normally have good prices on everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.