Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunner85 and myself have been talking about doing a get together for the website. We have come up with Saturday Feb. 12th at Beeds lake located just west of Hampton, Iowa on Highway 3. I am thinking about everyone getting there around 10am but earlier or later is fine. Fish till whenever as well but more than likely I will be there till at least dark. Going to bring the grill to, so we can grill deer steak for lunch on the ice. If you would like to eat please bring your own food, we will have room on the grill if you would like to grill something. I am going to bring a few giveaways from our sponsors as well for prizes. More than likely it will be for the biggest fish in a couple categories. This will all be weather pending of course.

Also if you are from a ways away there are a couple hotels in Hampton you can call and make reservations.

It should be a good time and the fish should bite. This lake has been a good producer for a number of years for us. Hope to see you there!!!!

If you are thinking about coming or are planning on coming please post on the thread so we know!!!

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the get together will go on with or without alot of people and I will still bring some stuff for prizes for the biggest fish.

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are still on for this Saturday. We fished beeds this past Saturday and had some good luck on gills. We cleaned 27 nice ones. Did only catch one crappie but it was about 5 inches.

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We will prob. get there around 9 or 10 am. Going to be fishing the north side of the lake as well. There is a parking lot on the north side. You can either fish there or on the south side of the lake. It really isn't that big so not to far away. The snow is deep though Gunner can testify to that one. We are going to take over the big tent. It is a 6x12 cabelas tent you can't miss it. Seems the fish bit last Saturday till about 4 to 430pm and then they shut off.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
reit38 said:
alright good no early risers :wink:

if i make it i'll be in a blue camo otter tent
Whatever! I'm gonna be there at 6 to catch the hot crappie bite depending on how late we get back from Spirit Friday night.

And yes, I'm walking in from th south because the snow on the north side is waist deep and sucks balls to pull a two man through!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.