Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a smartphone and downloaded a few apps. just curious what are some other hunting apps that you guys use or think are cool.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use Sundroid Free for my sunrise and sunset during season..works great. A good weather app is nice to have like Accuweather. Angry Birds, Swamp People, anything else to pass the time..:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
The DU ones are great but there is a mossy oak one out there that has a satellite view and gives you detailed weather forecasts. I like it. Might be worth your time to check out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the du journal app. it allows you to make notes on wind, temp, location what you saw what you shot and its a good tool for me to plan my next day out according to what the birds have done in the past in what kind of conditions. hope that helps

·
Registered
664 Posts
Do you guy's pay for this stuff or are you getting it for free? If you are paying for it,wouldn't it make sense to just keep a note pad with you to jot down a series of notes for a journal?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know the du apps arent much i think i paid 99 cents for one and i cant buy a note pad for that and plus i dont have to worry about loosing it if its on my phone, but if i loose my phone in the drink or something then i may be SOL

·
Registered
664 Posts
I guess I have more to do when I'm hunting than to look up stuff like that on my phone. I usually have some kids with me so it wouldnt be appropriate. However,if thats what rocks your world,so be it. Personally,I think looking up something like that at home with the lady of your choice would be more fun than in a blind with a bunch of smelly guy's but,to each their own.LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally love technologies and think they can be very helpful. I use some apps for hunting, and I can recommend these two that I love the most: AccuWeather and Spyglass. The first one is perfect for accurate weather predictions

·
Registered
9 Posts
HuntStand is my favorite app so far. It forecasts the wind up to 72 hours. It tells you where to set your decoys, or what tree stand you should use if you have several.

·
Registered
878 Posts
are there any apps for GPS? or is there a way to save the data from your location on these I phones

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
are there any apps for GPS? or is there a way to save the data from your location on these I phones
I use GPS Essentials on my S4 and like it.

It can create way points which I use to mark hole location on marshes and rivers and it can create tracks which map your path from x to y which comes in handy trying to find that hole location in the dark.

It also does mph, lat/long, maps, etc.

I use wunderground app as my main weather app and have like 5-8 locations saved for both fall and spring migration info.

For sunrise/sunset, I use TPE which is a photography app really but it tells the sunrise/sunset for your exact location and the neat thing about using a app for photography, it has the location of were the sun will be rising or setting so if needed, I can make sure I'm not sitting up directly looking into the sun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts