Iowa Water Fowlers forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...got the boat wired up and got the first set of lights installed. this is the front side of the boat and these are the "underwater" lights i was talking about earlier this year. there is a panel on each side with 12 leds and one on the back of the transom with 9. right now the cost of each panel is about $4 each so they will be a nice cheap experiment. i let one soak for 12 hours the other day and it stayed lit the whole time. right now they are attached with sticky velcro, but i think i might have to use some marine adhesive to keep them on. i'm going to try to give them a run tomorrow morning or friday morning. if i'm hunting a very weedy marsh or breaking ice they come off in about 30 seconds, so i can remove them when i want to. i'm thinking of ordering some more and making some spare panels so when one gets smashed, i can slap another one on. anyone want to start a bet on how many hunts they will last?

·
IAW Coot Motivator
2,790 Posts
my boat it would last mayber 2 trips go thru some shallow areas not to mention it would be covered in mud

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
They would be good for bow fishing at night, but duck hunting? I'd say 3 days.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so those run under the water? and their purpose is what?
to see rocks and logs underwater in the shallow river...and since i have an outboard and not a mud motor to see what is below the motor. i took the boat out today and i think they are in the right spot...they are just barely submerged when there is someone in the front of the boat. they actually come out of the water with just my fat ass in the back of the boat. basically they are leds that are in strips that have been encased in silicone...i have one that i broke the wires off of when i installed it, so i might try to smack it with a hammer to see how strong they really are. i have also toyed with the idea of putting more clear silicone over them to make them like a big piece of rubber so when i do hit something they will be padded. we'll see...i think this might be an idea that would work well after some development. i would imagine i will probably take them off a lot when im in the marshes and probably only put them on for the river...and for the one place i want to hunt where there are submerged trees.

·
Registered
708 Posts
you'll have to be traveling at a pretty slow rate to be able to react to whatever is that close in front of the boat, unless you hunt swimming pools or clear pits.... just imo, but guess i'm mudhungry :25:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts