Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Then you haven't read the article. The overall breeding population is DOWN, however, the DNR caved in to local farmers who think one goose is too many like the deer. August and Sept seasons for ducks and geese are dumb in my opinion. Enjoy the mosquitos. Some of the ducks and geese won't even be able to fly well. Just gives animal rights people more ammo against us.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Then you haven't read the article. The overall breeding population is DOWN, however, the DNR caved in to local farmers who think one goose is too many like the deer. August and Sept seasons for ducks and geese are dumb in my opinion. Enjoy the mosquitos. Some of the ducks and geese won't even be able to fly well. Just gives animal rights people more ammo against us.
Howard the same season has been in place in south dakota last couple years and starts a week earlier and goes for two months with a 15 goose limit...there hasn't been any riots yet so I think it will be ok..

Riverton yes I did read the article and they also explained why they thought the numbers were down and that even at current numbers the population is to high for there liking...if you think goose numbers are dropping drastically then your the dumbass as you've proven so brilliantly before.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I personally don't think numbers are down at all. But meetings I've been to and many articles feel OVERALL the Canada numbers are down. Obviously those people don't hunt snow geese in the spring and see what's really out there. If govt. says numbers are down then they must be.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I personally don't think numbers are down at all. But meetings I've been to and many articles feel OVERALL the Canada numbers are down. Obviously those people don't hunt snow geese in the spring and see what's really out there. If govt. says numbers are down then they must be.
What does hunting spring snows have to do with early season canadas?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
What does hunting spring snows have to do with early season canadas?
I think he means the number of Canada geese moving back north while out hunting snows:confused:

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
Not everything is a conspiracy theory. It's time for hunters to start focusing on conservation for future generations.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
A lot of Iowa great lakes birds who make the molt north are going to get hammered. Data shows this already. Just ask the professionals about our band returns from MN early season. When your season opens up you will be hammering your breeders and the ones that make it through the season 1st year adults will do exactly as the ones before them had done. Travel north to molt and get their face shot off. When you start seeing some northern birds show up take a good look at those flight feathers. They should look nice ,, not like someone hit them with a chainsaw. Makes for some smart birds and a lot of decoyss.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.