Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to put a few more hours on this $100 non-res license I have. If anyone wants an extra gun hunting the low plains late or high plains late zones, I have decoys and will travel. More than willing to scout and put the work in. I'm just not sure where to begin and I don't have a boat to hunt the big river.

Are the pits along the Platte holding birds like they normally do? I figured they may not be with the warm weather and lack of snow up north.

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
741 Posts
Well there are quite a few birds around right now but nothing like it should be!! What we do have for birds are VERY hard to hunt right now cause the weather is no nice they are just hoping fields. Plus they are super spooky and hiding is tough right now with the snow gone! when we had that snow 2 weeks ago man did we pound them :D

· Registered
741 Posts
Unless you had buddies in the area that have been watching birds for quite awhile I would. Now if we had snow that would be a different situation but right now ya man I would stay home. Especially if money is a little tight!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.