Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when the arrow misses its mark by a couple of inches.

Over the years of bow hunting turkeys I have learned the second shot more often than not ends up as a lost arrow...this is the first time I have ever had a shotgun laying next to me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I see that. I was referring to what came before their deaths.
Hatched from an egg, ate some corn, got horney, then got dead.

You picked a great day to rub it in, the birds shut up after they left the roost this morning and needless to say it was my first hunt in 2 years that I failed to get a bird close enough for a shot...DSD's are cheating, real men hunt with $5 foamers ;) Congrats on the merriams, that's on my to-do list for next year

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To make a long story short they came in with a flock of 21 total birds to less than 5 yards. I shot at one of them with the bow and thought I completely missed. The whole flock jumpped up in the air and came back down confused at what just happened and my buddy and I each shot a bird with guns before they took off. I didn't know untill we cleaned the birds that I had actually hit the bird my buddy shot with my arrow.

As for the DSD's- I have always been one to give people a hard time about them but I decided to try them out after one of my friends (who is not a bullshitter) swore up and down his DSD hen made some turkeys do especially stupid things last year. This was the first time I had used the decoys but they made a whole flock of turkeys do some crazy stuff like I have never seen before! Neither of these toms acted the least bit interested in doing anything but eating for the whole half mile we saw the flock coming until they got within 50 yards of the decoys but then it was game on. It could have just been the right place at the right time but I guess time will tell. All I know is what I saw and it was unbelievable!

·
scabbing consultant
1,329 Posts
To make a long story short they came in with a flock of 21 total birds to less than 5 yards. I shot at one of them with the bow and thought I completely missed. The whole flock jumpped up in the air and came back down confused at what just happened and my buddy and I each shot a bird with guns before they took off. I didn't know untill we cleaned the birds that I had actually hit the bird my buddy shot with my arrow.

As for the DSD's- I have always been one to give people a hard time about them but I decided to try them out after one of my friends (who is not a bullshitter) swore up and down his DSD hen made some turkeys do especially stupid things last year. This was the first time I had used the decoys but they made a whole flock of turkeys do some crazy stuff like I have never seen before! Neither of these toms acted the least bit interested in doing anything but eating for the whole half mile we saw the flock coming until they got within 50 yards of the decoys but then it was game on. It could have just been the right place at the right time but I guess time will tell. All I know is what I saw and it was unbelievable!
worst story ever

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think your pretty safe on the "never take a picture as gay as al" category.....as for the storytelling al is a professional....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts